We’re looking for an architectural parametric designtalent with love for the craft of 3D printing,to become an essential part of our growing international team and platform. The ideal candidate is a positive and hands-on person, a gifted designer & developer in many scales- from product and interior design to architecture. Good presentation, parametric 3D modelling and analytic skills are a must.
What we offer:
- Become part of a young, energetic, innovative, andinternational team of architects, software developers, robot & 3D print experts, product designers and new business developers.
- Become part of our mission to accelerate a new radical sustainable way of building, and being a real game-changer in the design & building industry
- A dynamic and inspiring workspace in Amsterdam
- Collaborate with the world’s leading architecture and design firms and famous brands.
- Work with XL 3D print robots who digitally fabricate your work on a 1:1scale
- A full-time contract and salary according to qualifications and experience
- Working hours that best fit your productivity
Required skills & character:
- Have a curious and positive personality with a strong interest in digital fabrication, materials, design, and product development.
- Having proven parametric design skills Excellence in Rhino & Grasshopper is a must.
- Knowledge of Python, or other scripting/programming skills are appreciated
- Driven to organize, structure and streamline processes
- Have excellent analytical, technical, and creative design skills
- Love to connect the virtual design tools with the actual digital fabrication tools.
- Be ambitious, hands-on, and eager to grow within the company.
- Have a master’s degree in architecture, design or similar.
- Have good communication skills in English – both written and verbal – understanding of the Dutch language is an asset.
- Candidates should be permitted to work in the Netherlands
Role & tasks:
- You will be part of our design-to-production & product-development team.
- Generate 3D print files & shop drawings.
- Translate client’s wishes into printable designs based on our design scripts.
- Make visualizations of our products in client projects.
- Contribute to automating the design-to-production process.
- Collaborate with architects and designers in the development of new system variants.
- Develop parametric design scripts based on user input/ product design / sales questions.
- Contribute to our growing parametric product library and make products available on our platform.
- Create images, 3D models, and product information for marketing purposes.
- Development and maintain scripts connected to our online platform tools, products XL 3D print parameters.
Interested in joining our team:
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject ‘Application Parametric Designer – your name, with attached, a single .pdf (max 5Mb) containing:
- Letter of interest with specific description why and how you want to join our team
- Selection of most relevant projects you worked on (maximum four)
- Selection of images and/or references that personally inspire you and why (maximum four)
Application deadline: November 17th, 2023
Aectual is the leading platform for 100% circular architectural and interior products made with cutting 3D print technology and reusable materials. Clients can easily create made-to-measure designs with products, such as acoustic wall panels, furniture, and facades, based on smart design algorithms. Clients, ranging from Nike, Tiffany, and BMW to Schiphol Airport and Tetra Pak, are based worldwide. Our number of architectural products and designer collaborations is growing rapidly. The products and our company are built with sustainable design principles in mind – and everyone on our team vouches for 100% circularity.